This Complaint Resolution Statement sets out the policy of BlackRock Investment Management (Australia) Limited ("BlackRock Australia") for dealing with your complaints. We are committed to the standards contained within the Australian Standard (AS ISO 10002-2006) on Complaints Handling and ASIC Regulatory Guide 165 on Internal and External Dispute Resolution.
BlackRock Principles of Complaint Resolution
- You have the right to complain or comment, and you will be treated with courtesy, respect and confidentiality;
- We are committed to the efficient and fair resolution of complaints;
- Our complaints process is accessible to all;
- Complaints shall be dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible;
- There will be no fee charged to complainants for our complaint resolution process; and
- You will be promptly informed of our decision and reason.
What is a complaint?
- A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction with a product or service provided or offered by us.
- A complaint may be written or verbal and may be delivered in person, by mail, by telephone, by facsimile or by e-mail.
- A complaint can be made to any staff member of BlackRock Australia, and will be referred immediately to an internal designated Complaints Officer.
Our Complaint Resolution Process
Upon receipt of a complaint, our internal complaint resolution procedure will be activated. You should receive an acknowledgement to your written complaint within three business days. An internal review will be undertaken by a Complaints Officer, and we shall endeavour to provide you with a written response within 14 business days.
A number of remedies are available in response to complaints/disputes to ensure we resolve complaints in an appropriate manner.
Complaints received are recorded on an internal Complaints Register, are escalated to senior management as appropriate, and are reviewed quarterly by our Compliance Committee (principally comprising external members).
Periodic analysis of complaints received is also undertaken to enable identification and resolution of any systemic trends or issues, and implement focussed enhancements to our processes and systems.
What can you do if you remain unsatisfied by our treatment of your complaint?
We are a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service Australia (FOS Australia), a company established to provide free advice and assistance to you in the life insurance, superannuation and managed investments industry, which is an ASIC approved external dispute resolution scheme. You have the right to pursue resolution of your complaint with FOS Australia if you are not satisfied with our response. FOS Australia can be contacted by telephone on 1800 367 287 or by email at email@example.com.
What should you do if you wish to obtain further information or lodge a complaint?
Complaints can be lodged with, and enquiries directed to:
Tel: 1800 367 287
Fax: 1300 366 107
International Tel: +61 3 9657 3100
Client Services Manager
Level 26, 101 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000