Financial Markets Advisory ("FMA")
Our mission is to provide clients worldwide with tailored and unbiased advice – no client problem is too large or too small.
Throughout its history, BlackRock has been a leader in developing bespoke and innovative solutions for its clients. In March 2008, BlackRock established a dedicated advisory practice called Financial Markets Advisory (“FMA”).
The team is housed within BlackRock Solutions®, where conflicts of interest are rigorously managed via strict information barriers and client confidentiality procedures, while still allowing FMA to draw on the resources of the world’s largest asset manager.
Our Value Proposition
BlackRock’s Financial Markets Advisory practice seeks to provide impartial advice to holders of complex risk exposures. Our clients include financial institutions, government entities, central banks, and other public and private capital markets participants around the world.
Rooted in BlackRock’s fiduciary culture, FMA draws on its experienced market professionals and broad asset coverage to help clients understand and address their most critical risk and investment needs.
Our work is at the nexus of financial consulting and the capital markets, delivering four fundamental competencies to our clients:
Trust – Housed within the world’s largest asset manager, FMA holds itself to the high fiduciary standards and conflict management principles
- Expertise – Track record in delicate, high-profile, or time-sensitive situations that demand capital markets breadth, subject-matter depth, and project management experience
Scale – Excellent risk and investment technology honed over several decades seeks to enable timely, repeatable, and reliable analyses
- Action – Bespoke problem-solving approach treats each situation as unique, helping to empower clients to overcome obstacles and implement solutions
- Managed or advised on over $8 Trillion in assets and derivatives
- $29 bn in Assets Under Management (typically for disposition, liquidation, or other wind-down mandates)
- Over 370 assignments executed in the past four years
- Over 200 employees in offices across the globe
- Executed assignments in 25 countries
Figures as of 31 December 2014