529 forms & applications

These forms & applications pertain to the BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan.

Please note that in order to save any forms completed online, you must have Adobe Acrobat version 8 or higher. If you do not have this version, you may either click here to download the most recent version, or print the blank forms and complete them manually.

If you don’t see the form or application you need, or if you have any questions, please contact us at 866-529-8582 or return to the BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 page.

Send your application, along with any other required documents, to:


Regular mail Overnight mail
BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529
P.O. Box 534433
Pittsburgh, PA 15253-4433
BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan
Attention: 534433
500 Ross Street 154-0520
Pittsburgh, PA 15262

Looking for something else? Check the "Related resources” near the bottom of this page.

Online Account Access

Ready to manage your investment online? Click the sign in button above to login or create your online access. From our Active Investor portal you can easily and safely place transactions and manage account settings for both your BlackRock mutual funds and BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan accounts.

Open a new account


New Account Application

Used to establish an Account in the BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Savings Plan, this application will provide us with the name, tax identification/Social Security number of the Account Owner and the Beneficiary of the Account, as well as providing information on your Investment Option elections, how you will fund the account, and more. If you are planning on funding your Account with an Automatic Investment Plan, you will need to complete that section of the New Account Application.
Incoming Rollover Form

Are you funding your Account with assets from another qualified 529 Savings Plan, an UTMA/UGMA, or maybe from qualified U.S. savings bonds? You will need to complete this form and submit it along with your New Account Application. You may need this form again in the future if you wish to roll other assets into your existing BlackRock CollegeAdvantage Account.
Payroll Deduction
Authorization Form

You may also fund your Account by having your employer deduct directly from your payroll, and send the money to your Account. This will require two forms, initially: The Payroll Deduction Authorization Form provides us with information about the contributor to the Account, the employer handling the payroll deduction, and how to invest the money when it arrives.

But to begin a payroll deduction plan, please make sure your company offers this service to their employees. If your company has not yet established a corporate payroll deduction plan, they will need to complete the Employer payroll deduction form.
Establish a Company
Sponsored 529 Plan
Are you an employer looking to establish a company-sponsored 529 plan to help your employees to invest in the BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Savings Plan? This form will explain the different ways your employees can contribute, and also us to establish your plan. Talk with your Financial Advisor about the benefits of setting up a company-sponsored plan.

Existing account


529 Distribution Request for Direct Rollover to a Roth IRA
Distribute from your 529 plan for a direct rollover to a Roth IRA owned by the 529 account beneficiary.
Roth IRA Certification of Direct Rollover From a 529 Form
Use this form to certify a rollover distribution from a 529 plan to a Roth IRA.
Account Maintenance Form

Things change. We understand that. So we've created this form to allow you to make those changes as they come up. Use this form to change your address, add or change bank instructions or Automatic Investment Plan instructions.
Change of Name Form

Use this form to complete a name change (due to marriage, divorce, etc.).
Change of Registration

Is it time to update the Account Owner, Successor Owner or Beneficiary listed on your account? Or is it time to transfer the account into the name of the Beneficiary? You can use this form to make ownership changes to your account(s).
Contribution Slip

This form is used to make a contribution to any existing BlackRock 529 account.
Reallocation Request Form
You would use this form to reallocate your Investment Options, or to establish a Systematic Reallocation. Please keep in mind; you may only change your Investment elections once per calendar year, so if you plan on setting up a Systematic Reallocation when you open your Account, you must supply this form along with your New Account Application (otherwise, it will count as your annual change).
Withdrawal Request Form
At some point, you will need to take money out of your BlackRock CollegeAdvantage Account to pay for higher education expenses. To do this, you will need to complete the Withdrawal Request Form.