Forms & Applications

These forms & applications pertain to mutual fund accounts held directly at BlackRock. If you don’t see the form or application you need, or if you have any questions, please contact us at 800-441-7762.

Click here if you need forms & applications for the BlackRock CollegeAdvantage 529 Plan. For questions about the Plan, please call 866-529-8582 or visit our dedicated web page.

Please note that in order to save any forms completed online, you must have Adobe Acrobat version 8 or higher. If you do not have this version, you may either click here to download the most recent version, or print the blank forms and complete them manually.

Send your application, along with any other required documents, to:


Regular mail Overnight mail
BlackRock Funds
P.O. Box 534429
Pittsburgh, PA 15253-4429
BlackRock Funds
Attention: 534429
500 Ross Street 154-0520
Pittsburgh, PA 15262

Open a new account

Separately Managed Accounts

New Accounts - Dual Contract Form
Please use this form when opening a new BlackRock managed account. Please review instructions on p.1. Learn more about BlackRock Separately Managed Accounts.

Non-retirement accounts

New Account Application
Used to establish many types of non-retirement accounts at BlackRock such as individual, joint tenant, trust, custodial/guardian, or UTMA/UGMA accounts.
New Account Application – For Businesses, Foundations and Institutions
Used to establish accounts at BlackRock for several types of entities such as a bank, foundation, endowment, partnership, insurance company, limited liability company, S-Corporation and C-Corporation accounts, etc.
Additional documentation will likely be required to open one of these accounts.

IRA accounts

IRA Application Used to establish a BlackRock Traditional, Rollover, Roth or SEP IRA. Accounts can be funded with a check contribution (check should be included), ACH contribution or by transfer of assets/rollover from another custodian.
Inherited IRA Application Used by the beneficiary of a deceased IRA account owner to establish an Inherited IRA with BlackRock. Please note, if you are transferring from another custodian you may also need the IRA Transfer of Assets/Direct Rollover Request Form.
SIMPLE Plan Enrollment Kit Used by employees to establish a BlackRock SIMPLE IRA account. (Please note: you may also need to provide the SIMPLE IRA Salary Reduction Agreement to your employer).
SIMPLE IRA Employer Kit Used by the employer to establish a SIMPLE IRA Plan with BlackRock (please note: this Kit, including the enclosed IRA Form 5304-SIMPLE, must be on file in order for employees to establish any SIMPLE IRA accounts with BlackRock).

Existing account

All account types

Bank Account Maintenance Form
Used to add or update bank instructions and/or an Automatic Investment Plan (AIP) on your BlackRock account.
Change of Address Form
Used to change the address or mailing address listed on your account. Can be used for any account type.
Change of Broker/Dealer
Used to add or change the broker/dealer listed on your account.
Change of Name Form
Used to complete a name change (due to marriage, divorce, etc.).
Contribution Slip
This form is used to make a contribution to any existing BlackRock Direct account (retirement or non-retirement).
Power of Attorney Registration form
Used as a legal instrument to authorize one individual to act as Power of Attorney on a BlackRock account.
Systematic Exchange Application
Used to set up the investment of a lump sum into one BlackRock fund and then, on a monthly, quarterly, semiannual or annual basis, have fixed dollar amounts exchanged into as many as four other BlackRock funds. $10,000 minimum investment. $50 minimum per systematic exchange.

Non-retirement accounts

Certificate of Incumbency
Used to list persons authorized to enact transactions in a BlackRock account for a non-incorporated entity over a 60-day time period.
Change of Registration
Used to complete a re-registration of a BlackRock account to another account type or change ownership of an account (add / remove an owner) such as individual, joint tenant, trust accounts or custodial / UTMA, UGMA accounts.
Corporate Resolution Filing Form
Used to grant authority to a person or persons within an established company to sell or assign securities in a BlackRock account. Valid for 6 months from date of certification.
Cost Basis Change Request Form
Use this form to change your cost basis calculation method (We recommend speaking with your tax preparer or financial advisor before making any change to your cost basis method).
Dividend Allocation Plan (DAP) Application
Used to set up allocation of dividends and capital gains distributions from a BlackRock account to your bank account or another BlackRock Fund.
Redemption Request Form
Used to request one-time redemptions or to establish or change a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (“SWP”) from your non-retirement account(s) at BlackRock.
Transfer on Death (TOD) Beneficiary Claim Form
Used by a beneficiary of a BlackRock Transfer of Death account in order to transfer or redeem the account to their name. Also required is a certified copy of the death certificate and an inheritance tax waiver.
Transfer on Death (TOD) Registration Form

Used to document up to three beneficiaries and the percentage of assets to be transferred to each, upon the death of an owner of a BlackRock account.
Medical Savings Account (“MSA”) Withdrawal Request Form Use this form to request a one-time distribution from an Archer Medical Savings Account (“MSA”)
BlackRock Coverdell Education Savings Account (“ESA”) Withdrawal Request Form Used to request a one-time distribution from a BlackRock Coverdell Education Savings Account (“ESA”)
BlackRock Coverdell Education Savings Account (“ESA”) Funding a 529 Plan Request Used to request a one-time withdrawal from a BlackRock Coverdell Education Savings Account (“ESA”) and use the proceeds to fund a BlackRock CollegeAdvantage® 529 account.
BlackRock Coverdell Education Savings Account ("ESA") Change of Registration Form Used to change the Responsible Individual on a Coverdell Education Savings Account held directly at BlackRock. It may also be used to re-register an account to a Designated Beneficiary under the age of 30 with an existing BlackRock Coverdell Education Savings Account ("ESA").
Account Transfer Form Used to process a transfer of shares between non-retirement accounts held at BlackRock, transfer an account at another institution to BlackRock, or to gift shares to another individual, trust, or organization with an existing BlackRock account.

IRA accounts

IRA Change of Beneficiary Form
Used to change the Primary and/or Contingent beneficiaries named on BlackRock Traditional IRA, SEP IRA or Roth IRA accounts.
IRA Distribution Request Form
Used to request a one-time distribution from your IRA, including return of excess contribution, transfer due to divorce, or a rollover out to another custodian.
IRA Systematic Withdrawal
Used to request any systematic withdrawals, including your RMD, 72t withdrawals, etc.
IRA Beneficiary Claim Form - Spouse
Used by the spouse of a deceased IRA owner to request their portion of the IRA assets.
IRA Beneficiary Claim Form – Non-Spouse
Used by a non-spouse beneficiary of a deceased IRA owner to request their portion of the IRA assets.
IRA Rollover Certification Form
Used to certify a rollover distribution from a Traditional IRA, Roth IRA or SEP IRA and for eligible distributions from 403(b), 401(k) or qualified retirement plans to a BlackRock Funds IRA account. Rollovers must be completed within 60 days of distribution.
IRA Transfer of Assets / Direct rollover request form
Used to transfer assets from an existing IRA to a BlackRock Funds IRA.
Roth IRA Conversion Form
Used to convert a Traditional IRA held at either BlackRock or a different custodian to a BlackRock Roth IRA.
SIMPLE IRA Salary Reduction Agreement Should be used in conjunction with the SIMPLE IRA adoption agreement to set up the payroll deductions to be contributed to a BlackRock SIMPLE IRA account.